Since its initial issue of bonds in 1980, the Trust has issued bonds to finance facilities for the benefit of 21 cultural institutions.
As of February 28, 2015, the following cultural institutions have borrowed the proceeds of bonds issued by the Trust:
- Alvin Ailey Dance Foundation, Inc.
- American Folk Art Museum
- American Museum of Natural History
- The Asia Society
- The Carnegie Hall Corporation and The Carnegie Hall Society, Inc.
- The China Institute in America
- Educational Broadcasting Corporation (Thirteen/WNET)
- The Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum
- The Jewish Museum
- The Juilliard School
- Lincoln Center for the Performing Arts, Inc.
- Manhattan School of Music
- The Metropolitan Museum of Art
- The Morgan Library and Museum
- The Museum of Modern Art
- The Museum of Broadcasting, now known as the Paley Center for Media
- The New York Botanical Garden
- The School of American Ballet
- Wildlife Conservation Society
- Whitney Museum of American Art
- WNYC Radio
All bonds issued for the benefit of Educational Broadcasting Corporation (now known as WNET), the Jewish Museum, the Museum of Television and Radio (now known as The Paley Center), the American Folk Art Museum, the Asia Society, and the International Center of Photography have been repaid in full. The Trust has issued refunding bonds for the benefit of a number of institutions.